You know, I have to admit, moving all these years hasn't been as bad as I make it seem sometimes. Like, I've put the pieces altogether and it's kind of like it was meant for me to move. Sure, it's been tough on my family and me, but it has also matured me, and I've actually met some pretty interesting people along the way in return, including Andy. I know that a lot of people may tell us or think, 'Oh, it's just puppy love. You guys are too young to know what love really is, and blah blah blah', but my parents met their junior year in high school and married at nineteen and are STILL married to this day. So, I think Andy and I know and feel that what we're doing and the way we're going is right.
But honestly, if I would have never met him, I would honestly still be the depressed, hateful, lost girl that I used to be. I will never get tired of thanking him for all that he's done for me. I know that I'm still apart of his daily stress, but one day, I'll be able to pay back for everything he's done for me and my family. For now, I just try to keep up with his overall beautiful personality, thoughts, and love. (Thank you, baby.)
Well yeah, and as for everything else that's been pretty good is my optimistic attitude. Sure, I still have my 'Debbie Downer moments', ha, but who doesn't? Overall, I've grown to be thankful for having the little bit of things that I have in my life. Sure, I can't always get what I want, because most likely, I can't afford it, but I still thank God for the other things he's given me since I started moving: a roof over my head (which doesn't always belong to just me and my family), food on the table, health, and clothes on my back.
Like it just bugs me when people are so materialistic. I guess it all depends on how you're raised, but some people just take it too far. For example, I love technology. Computers, cell phones, and iPods are the most amazing inventions ever created, but I know people that still have it all and are still complaining. Gosh, like I wish I had my own house to live in and my own room again, but fortunately, I know better than to cry about minimal things like that. But then again, I guess I am a bit more mature for my age than others are.
My bed is a couch, my closet is a box, my house is ONE room with my whole family, but I honestly believe that living like this has brought my family so much closer and has made us grow up together and appreciate what we have. In reality, I'm honestly really grateful to the people that have allowed us to live under their roof for free. I know that sometimes, it may not seem like it, but hey, we all have to admit that living under one roof with other families can get a bit rowdy at times and frusterate everyone every now and then. But just because certain incidents happened, it doesn't mean that I'm ungrateful.
So, as you see, moving hasn't exactly been horrible, but it certainly hasn't been cake either. It's taught me that there really is no meaning behind the word 'friends'; the only ones you can really count on are those who you would never have thought would be there. Life is way too short, so you have to learn to appreciate what you have because before you know it, the things you loved or needed most will be gone in the blink of an eye. Letting go is a b**ch, but in order to move on, you have to do what you have to do.
Yeahh, so the reason I'm writing all of this is because I am moving yet AGAIN, for the 6357483 time. Ha, nah, I'm exaggerating just a little, but yeah this will be my 7th time moving and my 6th school. I'm no longer afraid or sad. I found out on Valentine's Day, but I shed not one tear. I just have a sense of security in my mind and heart that we will be okay. Like, at this point, we have NO idea where we're headed this time, but I know for a fact that everything will be just fine. I've learned to love to meet new people. And I've learned to just go to school for myself and nobody else. I'm just curious to see what my results on life will be after I graduate from wherever I graduate, ha.
I just want to show people that life doesn't always have to be horrible now matter what your situation is. Just greet every adventure you'll have coming in life with a smile and your head held high, and you'll be just fine.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment